What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text file that can be stored on your computer when you visit a web page. Cookies are used to help you navigate the website and to enhance your experience whilst on the website. Cookies enable a website to tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences.
Can cookies harm my computer?
No. Cookies do not harm your computer and cannot carry viruses. Cookies are intended to enhance your experience of a website, rather than obstruct it.
More information about cookies
To learn more about cookies, how to manage them and how they affect your online activities, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- They remember items that you have added to your basket so you can buy them later on in your visit
- They allow you to compare products whilst shopping
- They can remember your previous selections when you are browsing the website
- When you use the stock checker, the website will remember your postcode for the duration of your visit only to save you re-entering your postcode each time you want to check stock in your local store
- In general, allowing cookies lets you make the most of all the functionalities on our websites, which have been added to give you the best possible shopping experience.
The cookies in use to deliver Google Analytics service are described in the table below.
These cookies are used to store information, such as what time your current visit occurred, whether you have been to the site before, and what site referred you to the web page.
These cookies contain no personally identifiable information but they will use your computer’s IP address to know from where in the world you are accessing the Internet.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may transfer this information to third-parties where required to do so by law, or where such third-parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
May 2018 Edited & customised by: SILVERSTREAM LTD. Company Registration Number 03527084 (England and Wales). Registered office address: Unit 2, Enterprise Business Park, Linden Way, Coalville LE67 3RL