Flexion - Dual Extruder For Right Hand Side Only (Sku002)
£124.16 (ex. VAT)
Flexible filament extruder retrofit kit for the right side of dual-extruder printers. Developed by the inventor of Ninjaflex.
Print with flexible materials, higher resolution, and fewer failures. Your stock Mk10 left-side extruder fits on the other side. Also prints ABS and PLA better than your stock extruder.
3D printer extruder retrofit kit for dual-extruder direct-drive machines, such as the Flashforge Creator Pro, QiDi Tech, Powerspec Ultra.
The Flexion extruder will allow full-speed printing of flexible filaments and improved accuracy printing with PLA and ABS. The precision machined components allow your printer to push on filament harder, achieve a high pressure in the nozzle, and control of feed rates very closely.
The self-cleaning drive will keep your long prints from failing due to a clogged drive. Works will with Ninjaflex, Filaflex, flexible PLA, TPU, TPE ultra-flexible filament down to 50 Shore A, and all the standard rigid filaments like ABS and PLA.
Note: Does not include stepper motor
Right side only for Common Dual Extruder (Flashforge Creator Pro, QiDi Tech, Powerspec Ultra, etc.)
The Flexion Extruder uses a high-stiffness lever to compress the filament. The compression is controlled by a cam and an adjust screw, rather than the traditional spring. This allows more tension and more precise control of the tension.
This kit requires you to disassemble your printer’s extruder and reinstall this upgrade. Detailed instructions on this process can be found on the Flexion support page.
- Before initially loading filament, loosen the set screw that contacts the cam surface of the dial
- Set the dial to position 1
- Tighten the set screw until the drive roller makes contact with the idler roller
- Do not heavily torque the set screw, just tighten it using the shank of the Allen wrench
- Rotate the dial to position 4. (Confirm that the dial rotates between 1 and 4 without binding. If it binds, loosen the set screw a small amount)
- Use position 1 for very soft materials (Like Jellyfish or Ninjaflex), position 2 for moderately soft materials (like SemiFlex), position 3 for moderately hard materials (like ABS), and position 4 for very hard materials (like filled PLA)
- Set the correct dial location before loading filament
- Load filament
- With the dial at the correct setting and the extruder at the correct temperature, run your printer’s normal filament load cycle while you gently push the filament into the entrance liner
- Prepare to print
- Do your normal print setup routine (build platform prep, acetone clean, application of bonding agent, preheat, etc) Everyone has their own depending on their printer and the seriousness of their OCD